May 29, 2008

Reverse Gear!!!!!!

Recently while watching the Virgin Mobile ad; I was relishing my Perk Ulta chocolate.
The ad was completely astonishing!!! It was a humorous ad where a group of youngsters were playing a prank on an employee. The ad showed a sanctimonious humbug employee looking at a brochure which featured an attractive woman’s photo and her mobile number below it. Not able to withstand the temptation of speaking to her; he finally called up the number but the call got picked by a youngster boy who was accompanied with his buddies. The youngster faked his voice and tried to prolong the conversation by sounding like a woman.

At the end of this hilarious ad; Virgin Mobile announced its offer of earning a certain meager amount for every incoming call one attends.For details refer to http://www.virginmobile.in/get_paid_for_incoming.html .

Most importantly I was having my Perk Ulta while watching this and it made me think about the ‘Reverse Gear’ thinking adopted by these two products.

Perk Ulta with its idea of having the wafer outside and chocolate inside is an absolute treat for the taste buds.

As far as the virgin mobile ad is concerned; the offer of earning while attending calls might be an instant hit too. But I shall wait and carefully watch before coming to any conclusion.

I guess it’s not a bad idea to implement this ‘reverse gear’ thinking if it serves a purpose.

Whenever we use the reverse gear while driving, it’s either when we go a little too far or when we want to get in the position in order to move towards the right direction. At the end; it serves a purpose of leading us to the right place. It does not always mean getting behind in the rat race.

The ‘Lateral thinking’ is fantastic and so is the ‘out of the box thinking’. I guess we should give the ‘reverse gear thinking’ also a fair chance.

Well!!! I have fastened my seat belt and I am shifting my gear too. Come along as there are many seats available and it’s gonna be a great ride.

Only word of caution to all of us is ‘Drive Safe!!!!!!!!!’

-Saikat Saha

No comments: