It's been approximately 1.6 years since when I started blogging on 'HR issues and beyond' with my humble knowledge in the domain. During this short yet profound journey I have come across various websites and blogs which continue to impact my learning and networking.
Recently, I came across a very promising website- http://www.HRera.com/. Let me now share a few thoughts and the first impression about the website.
The website is newly launched and the freshness is very visible. Freshness in form of 10 exclusive features ie.
1. Knowledge Bank - Large resource on HR, OB & Soft Skills articles.
2. Student's Corner [This interests me the most]- Guidance on Books, Projects, Term Papers, Jobs, Resumes, Tests, Group Discussions & Interviews.
3. Free Newsletter- The site claims to have largest newsletter in HR. That too for free of cost.
4. HR Jobs [Asia]- Employers can list HR Jobs in Asia, for free.HR Professionals can search these job vacancies
5. Training [Asia]- Training Providers can host their profile & specialization.(Free Hosting) HR Professionals can search Training Providers matching their requirements.
6. Psychometric Tests- Free Tests on Emotional Intelligence, IT Skill Sets, Aptitudes and for Fun.Premium Tests on Aptitudes, IT Skill Sets, for Recruitment/Selection from SERIC.
7. 360 Degree Feedback- A premium service provided by Data Zone.
8. Sponsor- An interesting way of reaching customers.
9. Presentations on HRM- Free of cost
10. Presentations on OB- Free of cost.
The sincerity of the entire pursuit in launching this website is very visible again. I find a purpose in launching the website. A purpose which is committed towards learning & development. So a 'thumbs up' to the architects of the website for finding the purpose and sincerely pursuing it.
I have personally read a ppt file on a HRM topic in the site and found it impressive. Also, the special focus on 'Students' make it sure that the knowledge disseminated to the them is in alignment to their needs and level of understanding. Again a fantastic job done in locating the different audiences from the WEB 2.0.
It provides ample scope on doing quick tests to know where we stand currently in relation to our Emotional Intelligence, IT skills and aptitude.
What impresses me the most is that a lot is encapsulated in the website catering to diverse needs ranging from knowledge leveraging; great visibility in form of advertisement, employment opportunities; free services in form of ppt presentations,HR job listing,newsletter; premium services in form of 360 degree feedback by Data Zone and more.
This website seems promising from a point of view of the large scope of fostering collaborative partnership through knowledge sharing and visibility.
However, I genuinely feel that a conversational element should be more visible in the website. A mechanism through which the audience can engage into a simple form of communication with the website owner as well as all the professionals who contribute their articles and ppt presentation to the website.
Overall, I congratulate everyone associated with the website for such a sincere effort.There is nothing cosmetic about it, a genuine purpose is reflected in this website. I can promise that I will be a regular visitor to this website.