August 30, 2010

Those first few days....a poem....a prayer...


The first few days...
the days of fun & frolic...
even though a little chaotic...
the aspirations are high...
so is the perspiration...

In the midst of all the anticipation...
here comes a realization...
to realize the brighter shades from anything that is remotely Grey...

While I pray, my heart gets suffused with a bright ray...
a ray that shall guide me if I am ever in utter dismay...

From the shores that provide me the depth to be human...
to the terrains that aspire me to chase the dreams...
I shall embrace the beauty and the filth of all...

as I stand between the black & white...
may I become the lightest shade of Grey in the times of the steely white...
and the times of hideous black...

may the first few days be in the remembrance..
whilst the future actions gather the courage from the innocence of the first few days...

In the times of melody or the cacophony...
may i remember the first few days...

-Saikat Saha

Picture above from http://www.faithassemblywp.com

No comments: