Executive Education Programme
EEP[Executive Education Programme] seems to be a buzzword among the corporates.
Companies seem to be investing on it increasingly....Educational Institutes offering such courses are mushrooming everywhere.... ISB has also planned to open a new campus in Punjab...
So the question is that does such programmes really help in building a smarter work force?
Yes!!!! It Helps!!!!!
The above mentioned line certainly holds true if EEP adds value in terms of
1. Greater readiness for taking more complex and critical job
assignments post Executive Education Programme.
2. Improvement in performance related to current job assignment post
Executive Education Programme.
Hence, in order to evaluate the degree of seriousness with which a company executes it's Executive Education Programme, the company needs to do a deep analysis of the above mentioned two points.
Companies invest a vast amount of resources in such pogrammes. So it becomes very important that the employees do not have the following attitude towards the programme:
1. Treat the programme as a mere necessity for performance appraisal
report ie. minimum training prog attended etc.
2. Only a nice liesure time or break from the routine work.
The employees must clearly realise the amount of investment on them and what is the expected return on investment from them.
Back to School Days
Once in a while you have to concentrate on the basics. All executive programmes must have tests/exams [not considering Executive MBA in this case] which can ensure that the participants are nimble footed and agile during the course as it has been observed that most institutes have examination patterns only for their Exec MBA and not for certificate programmes.
Just like any other B-Schoolers ; they should submit a well documented assignment based on their key learning and feedback.
This is how it helps
An EEP will help your company's workforce get smarter in the following ways:
1. Provide them with a perfect oppurtunity to get disconnected with
routine work yet find out various ways to improvise their work in a
much relaxed environment.
2. Learn ways to put mangerial expertise in their respective functions.
3. Do a realistic assesment of their current managerial knowledge.
4. Have some fun as everyone loves to go back to school :-)