November 30, 2008

Mumbai Meri Jaan....

I am shocked,remorse stricken,scared and upset about the sad incidents which have taken place in Mumbai...I thought of writing about my experience in the 12th NHRD National Conference meet but I am unable to do so.....May be later I will share my experience....

Let me get back to the Terror Attacks in Mumbai....Such cowardly attacks by terrorists have become common but I really hope that this attack on Mumbai serves as a wake up call for the Government Authorities....Mumbai has never seen an attack of this magnitude ever and it's truly horrifying....

I somehow agree with the sentiments of a well known public celebrity when she said in a news channel that it's not the time to stay calm rather it's the time to really voice out your true sentiments in public so that it compels the concerned authorities to take right actions and our lovely Mumbai is not vulnerable to any form of terrorism.

I was thinking what can HR community do in this situation. I came out with an idea....

I feel the HR community in all companies should make genuine efforts to provide help to the victim's families whenever any terror strikes our country[but I really hope this one was the last attack] so that the victim's families don't have to accept compensations and reactive help[rather than proactive help] from the government as it's the negligience on the part of government which leads to such barbaric terror attacks.....

We the 'Human Resource Proffesionals' are first 'Human' then a 'Resource Proffesional'. So let's show that genuine 'Human' side of this immensely noble proffesion.

I would request all my readers to pray for the victims, their families and especially the brave soldiers who sacrificed their lives in order to save many of us.....Jai Hind...Love you Mumbai....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi

The new face of terrorism that emerged in Mumbai is indeed a looming threat.

What is commendable ,however ,is the ability of the human sprirt. It never ceases to inspire or amaze.
Long live the resilient power within.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kvijayakumar said...

It is a good sugestion to contribute to take care of terror victims from HR Community .Hope govt maintain a seperate fund(collected in form of tax) for safety/security and take accountability and prevent these terror incidents.

(k vijayakumar-GAIL)